2.07.2012

OOTD / realizing I have the most comfortable skirt around...

This is the skirt. My go-to, comfortable, cozy afternoon at the library skirt. How could it have gotten lost for months in the back of the skirt closet?! Oh well, I've found you now and I hope to not lose you again, lovely. There wasn't always this great love affair between me and this skirt. It was on super sale at the Ann Taylor Loft a couple years ago and I really only bought it because it was a great deal and I thought I might need a conservative skirt one day. I tried not to change and alter it like I do every other item of clothing, but after months of it hanging around and not being worn I decided that cute, big pocket was going to waste! I hemmed it about ten inches and swapped out the waist for this thicker band of maroon fabric, because I needed to add a bit of special to it. I'm glad I can't leave most of my clothes as-is.