6.02.2012

small plans & a look at Meadowlark...

So I've been working many hours and just been flat out super busy for the last week or two, but I have three days off this coming week!! I'm planning on using them for basically gutting out my room and re-styling a couple pieces of furniture. One of these pieces will be my beloved vintage dresser (seen here and in many other posts). I would have loved to just keep it as is, but I wasn't expecting that this new NW environment I've moved it to would "change" it like it has. The same goes for a couple of other pretty pieces I own, so... I've got a lot of sanding, refinishing, protecting and painting to do! I'll be sure to take some before and afters...that would be a fun post, don't you think? So for now I'm off to find some sand paper and paint. I'm thinking the dresser might look it's best in a new coat of the same rustic orange, but then again I am so very tempted to create a whole new looking piece using a pretty color combo. Do any of you have any color combinations that you're just loving right now? I think I need some ideas...
p.s. the giveaway post will be up in a couple of days so make sure to check back and enter it! For now here are a few photos from my June Giveaway sponsor, Meadowlark. They make some very pretty earrings that I'm really liking!