1.15.2012

today's outfit...

The only thing I am sad about today is that I have to wear a big coat over my outfit. I love it. My vintage skirt was actually the most amazing vintage dress I discovered about 7 years ago at an antique store. Sadly (there may have been actual tears), I had to turn it into a skirt after it was ruined at a party. The top part was so ruined! I don't mind saying that I am a wizard at fixing and altering clothes, but this kind of disaster? There was no saving it. After a couple years in the back of my closet I decided the material was just too sweet to not be shown the light of day again. I think turning it into a skirt was the best choice I could have made given the extent of destruction. Now I can dress it up or down, like today, and it will always remind me of how much we enjoyed ourselves in our past lives. Lesson: take care of your one of a kind dresses, Lilly!!